Monday, January 01, 2007

TXT messages..

What is up with all these text messages these days? I get them all the time, and to put it bluntly, I hate them. That's right, I hate them. I personally very rarely use the text messaging capability of my phone; I just find it takes more effort than it's worth. If someone is important enough, or there is a pressing issue, I just call them. I mean, I can see if your in a noisy club where talking is just not a viable possibility, and you absolutely need to communicate with someone, you text, but beyond that, why? There all sorts of text messages, i'll enumerate and detail them later.

I have no idea how texting grossly evolved from communicating in places were you can't talk to anti-social social behavior most people engage in these days to become intimate strangers.

I think it's best delineated the best around the holidays. I got a fair number of merry x-mas / happy new years text messages this year from people I haven't heard from in ages! I mean, what are you suppose to do? call them back? Ha, good luck with that, I tried that, and people were strangely taken off guard. Here is a sample "hypothetical" conversation:

Me: "Hey thanks for the text message -- how have you been?"
Loser: "oh ... hey...(long pause) .. sameer.. .. i've been good..... umm what's up?"

The conversation quickly dies seeing how they didn't actually want to talk to me in the first place. So I guess the question is the social protocol with text message?

To make things worst this year, I got text messages from phone numbers that I didn't even recognize. The area codes looked familiar, but beyond that, I had no idea. Did that happen to anyone else? Maybe it's because I normally go through my phone once a month and delete all the people I know I will never call again. So I guess the decision to cut the ties wasn't mutual. LOL

Anyways, let's take a look at some text messages i have gotten and there translation--
Text: "happy new year" (note it was sent at 12:01)
Translation - I don't really want to talk to you, but i am mass texting everyone, and I have no life and am a loser since I sent this out at 12:01

Text: "happy new year, best wishes for 2007 blah blah blah........"
Translations - I am at home with my parents and I can afford to type out a super long text message --

Text: "happy freaking new year, you bastard."
Translations - I hate you since you make more money than me

Text: "partying in the city tonight??"
Translations - I want to hook up with girls, do you know any?

Text: "you missed out... "
Translations - I hooked up with a girl, but since you weren't there, i am just going to say she was hot

Text: "we should hang out soon"
Translations - I want to hook up with you or one of your friends

Text: Just a bar name/cross street and time
Translations - I am going there, and I hear there will be chicks

Text: "any one up for (activity) on (day)"
Translations - I want to meet and hookup your female friends, bring them..

Text: "Where you going 2night"
Translations - I hear your rolling with girls, please tell me where you are going so i might have a shot at hooking up

Text: "Where r u"
Translations -- Normally these are sent out super late at night, and can mean only one thing-- thats right, I want to hook up with you / your friend

Text: "come this party is crazy"
Translation - Tons of girls, i need your help picking some up

Text: "drizzunk"
Translation - I want to hook up with anyone

--
Anyways, I can go on forever with that, but you get the picture..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great post!’ We provide highly qualified, targeted sales leads with a high conversion-to-sales ratio from decision makers who are ready to buy your products and services.Healthcare CEO Email Lists

First Name, Last Name
Business Name
Practice Specialty, Specialty Code
Email, Postal Address and Zip Code
SIC /NAICS Code and NPI Numbers.
Phone Number and Fax Number
License Number
Web Address

Country wise CEO Email Lists
State wise CEO Email Lists